Terms & Conditions
1. Goods supplied at all times remain the property of Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire.
2. Full payment to be made before collection/delivery, PLUS a refundable deposit to cover breakages. Drivers are not allowed to make a delivery until payment is received in full, unless account facilities have been approved.
3. Deliveries left at premises unattended are left at the HIRERS risk.
4. Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire. will endeavour to deliver with due care and attention from a hard standing area adjacent to main door, ground level entrance, unless pre-arranged. The HIRER/CLIENT to provide any coverings to floors, walls and lifts to protect the fabric of the premises. It is a hire condition that goods will be repacked and ready for collection on the day agreed. If our staff have to return to collect at a later date further charges will be incurred. If suitable parking is not arranged and a parking notice is issued the HIRER is liable for the parking notice fine.
5. Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire. will make an additional charge for deliveries and collections at specified times. Further additional charges will also apply in respect of deliveries and collections made outside normal operational hours 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
6. Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire. will endeavour to carry out delivery and collection at times requested by the hirer. No responsibility will be taken if requested times cannot be complied with. Removal will be effected as soon as possible but all equipment cannot always be collected immediately after use from all sites. All equipment must be kept safe and dry until collection is made.
7. The HIRER is responsible for loss or damage to goods, from the time of delivery. All shortages, breakages and damage or loss of any goods including packing trays, and boxes will be charged at current replacement cost. No labels are to be removed from any items. Goods returned/collected will be counted after washing and deposit returned by post after the equipment has been checked by authorised staff. Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover the replacement cost the HIRER is liable for the balance. Customer’s goods cannot be accepted as replacement.
8. Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire. will accept no liability for consequential loss or late/non delivery or damages arising from failure of breakdown of the plant and equipment on hire.
9. All equipment is despatched clean and ready to use. As stated in our price list if equipment is returned in a soiled condition, it is on the understanding that a cleaning surcharge will be incurred. The cost of the wash up will be 20% of the hire charge and is raised on all soiled items. On no account should scouring pads or abrasive powder be used on silver & stainless steel, which could result in permanent damage to equipment.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for injury or damage caused by the hire equipment, or its use however caused.
11. Without prejudice, or the need to give notice to the HIRER, Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire. reserve the right to substitute similar equipment in lieu of a particular item ordered.
12. If the equipment is used or stored outside the HIRER is responsible for any damage caused by weather. All boxes etc must be returned dry or intact and furniture must be protected from the weather.
13. TABLE LINEN must not be returned in bags if they are wet. Damage resulting from mildew or other stains that do not respond to standard laundering will be charged at full replacement cost. When laundry bags have been supplied these must be used for the non-wet used linen after use. Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at their full replacement value (details of which are available on request). No substitute item will be accepted by the Owner. Damaged goods include those that have sustained burns, scorches, tears, defacement, concrete, ink and earth stains. Goods that are returned with candle wax will be treated with an appropriate wash programme. A charge will be made for this, If the goods do not respond to this programme, the hirer will be charged the full replacement cost.
14. Under no circumstances should electrical appliances be used without being correctly earthed unless it is of a doubled insulated construction. No electrical or gas appliances should be tampered with in any way.
15. Gas appliances must not be used below ground level and should be situated in a well ventilated area.
16. Account customers must ensure settlement of all outstanding debts within 30 days from the date of invoice.
17. Prices quoted are for a one days hire only. All prices are subject to VAT at the current rate.
18.Extended hire terms available on request.
19. CANCELLATION CHARGE. Any hire order or part thereof cancelled:
Under 7 Days – 50% of hire charge
Under 72 Hrs – 100% of hire charge
In the event the customer decreases the extent of the hire contract by amount of time CHAPMAN TAYLOR reserves the right to charge the full amount of the original rental.
20. We reserve the right to change any price without the need to give prior notice.
21. Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR Catering Equipment & Furniture Hire.is under no liability whatsoever for any injury or damage to person or property, or loss of profit claimed by the HIRER in respect of any interruptions, delays, inaccuracies, errors, omissions or any failure to deliver, breakdown, or from the use or failure of any equipment hired.
22.Please note, all deliveries made by staff of Prizeimage Ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR will be instructed to carry out a door step delivery; they will deliver to your door and will not enter your home/work premises. If you request that the delivery staff deliver your goods into your home/work premises, Prizeimage ltd t/a CHAPMAN TAYLOR, or staff associated with the company will not be held responsible for any damage caused. If you request staff to deliver goods into your home, you do so at your own risk.
23. The laws of England and the jurisdiction of English courts will apply to any dispute.